These Hazelnut cookies filed with Dark Chocolate (which in Italian are called Lady's kisses) are the perfect sweet treat for your coffee breaks.
Find out how easy it is to make them using our recipe here below, you can even swap the dark chocolate for Nutella if you feel extra sweet!
Tip: If the dough is too crumbly and doesn’t hold together, add ice-cold water (start by adding 1 teaspoon).
- 300gr butter
- 330gr hazelnut meal
- 50gr egg whites
- 300gr caster sugar
- 300gr wholemeal flour
- 3gr salt
- 375gr dark chocolate (or you can choose Nutella instead)
- Leave the butter out of your fridge for a couple of hours to allow it to warm up at room temperature.
- Beat it well in a bowl with sugar for a couple of seconds.
- Add flour, egg whites and salt.
- Prepare a sheet of Rotofresh Home Compostable Cling wrap on your kitchen bench, transfer your dough, cover with another sheet of cling wrap and roll your dough out with a rolling pin to a 2-3cm height.
- Transfer your dough in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Cover a oven tray with our Rotofresh Unbleached Baking Paper.
- Remove the cling wrap top layer from your dough and cut it in 2cm strips.
- Make a small ball out of each strip and place it on the oven tray by putting a little pressure on it to give them a flat base.
- Bake the cookies at 180 Degrees for 12 minutes.
- When ready, flip half of your cookies over and spread your melted dark chocolate or some nutella on their flat base. Take another half cookie and sandwich them together.
- Place your Hazelnut cookies in your fridge until the cream has hardened enough to keep the two halves nicely together.