This super soothing organic balm contains the healing herbs of Calendula, Chamomile, and Lavender.
Calendula petals, rich in compounds that moisturize, nourish, and encourage healing, have been the secret ingredient in many healing balms and skin care products for centuries. Its powerful anti-inflammatory properties make it a potent remedy for all kinds of inflammatory, issues like diaper rash, dermatitis, burns, cuts, insect bites, rashes, and eczema. Since calendula helps increase blood flow and oxygen to irritated skin and wounds, it helps the healing process.
But you don’t need a cut, scrape or irritated skin to use it--it is a great handy moisturizer.
- Great all-purpose salve
- Helps relieve skin irritations (such as eczema), skin rashes, extra dry skin and minor burns
- Great for infants and children. Use on baby's bottom or to soothe dry, chafed, irritated and sensitive skin
- Soothes chapped cheeks from cold winter wind or summer sun!
- Soothes chapped lips
This balm makes a great tattoo butter ointment
Tattoo aftercare is extremely important. Moisturizing and nourishing herbal-infused olive oil will help soothe and heal your new body art.
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Calendula, Organic Chamomile, Organic Lavender, Organic Beeswax
General Directions: Apply liberally as often as needed. Within minutes bring the healing qualities of herbs directly to your skin.
A Tattoo Aftercare Salve: All that you are trying to do is to moisturize your skin and keep it clean. Our Calendula Salve is a made with simple, organic healing and moisturizing ingredients.
- Wash your hands before applying the salve
- To help heal your new tattoo, apply a very thin layer three times a day for about a week
- More is not better:
- Do not apply a thick coat
- Your only want your tattoo to have a slight sheen
- Your skin needs to breathe to heal properly
- You are better off applying a thin coat more often if skin feels dry
- Use after your tattoo session and for the healing weeks after
These balms are hand crafted in small batches using organic oils and organic botanicals to ensure the highest quality and freshness. As a result, these organic balms have a natural shelf life. There are steps you can take to preserve their freshness:.
- To prevent contamination use clean hands for application, avoid introducing moisture to the salve, and always keep the lid closed between uses.
- To ensure the best efficacy, our salves should be used within 6 months after opening.
- Always keep the salve in a temperature-stable environment.
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a small family-owned and operated company that began as a hobby born out of a concern about the synthetic ingredients in skincare products and the adverse effects of these ingredients on our skin, our children and our environment.
As a result, we are dedicated to crafting high quality, healthy and effective skin and hair care products made with awesome ingredients.
A product is only as good as the ingredients used to make it.
Our ingredients are USDA certified organic, sustainably produced, cruelty-free and ethically traded.
Every ingredient has a purpose and we will always use the best quality ingredients to make the best safe and effective skincare products available.
All of our recipes are invented, created and manufactured in our facility in Solon, Ohio.
Nothing is outsourced.
We oversee the entire process for every product to ensure maximum freshness, consistency, and perfection.
We do it all ourselves--from start to finish--from our family to yours!
Our mission is a simple one . . .To Harness the Power and Simplicity of Nature® to provide fresh, wholesome, natural products that will nourish the skin and be kind to the planet.