An herbal bath and facial steam formulated with aromatic herbs and a touch of aromatic essential oils to help relieve congestion. Steam inhalation is a great old-fashioned remedy for colds, coughs and congestion.
Although herbal steam cannot cure a cold or flu, when inhaled, the decongestant herbal aromatics go where they are needed, into congested and irritated sinus passages, throat and lungs.
- All Natural, Certified Organic, Vegan, Cruelty-Free
- Great old-fashioned remedy for colds, coughs, and congestion
- Warm, moist air helps opens up congested sinuses and lung passageways allowing you to breathe a bit easier
- Can be used as a Bath Tea or for more intense inhalation as a Facial Steam!
- 1 bag contains about 1 3/4 cups of tea, enough 6 facial steams or 3 baths
- Reusable cotton muslin bag included!
Organic Eucalyptus, Organic Thyme, Organic Peppermint, Organic Rosemary, Organic Sage, Organic Juniper Berries, Organic Chamomile, Organic Yarrow, Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Organic Rosemary Essential Oil, Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil
For Bath Tea:
- Fill muslin bag with 1/2 cup of herbs
- Hang from the faucet and allow hot water to run through the bag
- Or place bag in bath under very warm running water
- Squeeze bag to release the natural essence
- Relax and soak for 15 – 20 minutes
- Read our FAQ to the right on "Why Use A Bath Tea"
For Facial Steam:
- Place ¼ cup of herbs into muslin bag
- Place bag in a pot or heatproof bowl about 3-quart size
- Pour 2 quarts of boiling water over herbs
- Cover and steep 10 minutes
- Wait a few minutes to allow the water to cool slightly--be sure steam is not too hot
- Place bowl on a heatproof surface where you can comfortably sit
- Holding your head 12 inches from bowl, drape a large towel over head and bowl to capture steaming herbal water
- Allow the steam to bathe your skin a minute or two and then raise your head a bit and take a few breaths of fresh air
- Repeat the process for a maximum of 5 to 10 minutes
- If at any time it gets too hot under the towel--lift a corner to let in a little cool air
- As the herbs steep, the rising steam will open your pores and carry the aromatic herbal oils your skin
- Splash face with cool water, to close your pores, and pat dry
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a small family-owned and operated company that began as a hobby born out of a concern about the synthetic ingredients in skincare products and the adverse effects of these ingredients on our skin, our children and our environment.
As a result, we are dedicated to crafting high quality, healthy and effective skin and hair care products made with awesome ingredients.
A product is only as good as the ingredients used to make it.
Our ingredients are USDA certified organic, sustainably produced, cruelty-free and ethically traded.
Every ingredient has a purpose and we will always use the best quality ingredients to make the best safe and effective skincare products available.
All of our recipes are invented, created and manufactured in our facility in Solon, Ohio.
Nothing is outsourced.
We oversee the entire process for every product to ensure maximum freshness, consistency, and perfection.
We do it all ourselves--from start to finish--from our family to yours!
Our mission is a simple one . . .To Harness the Power and Simplicity of Nature® to provide fresh, wholesome, natural products that will nourish the skin and be kind to the planet.