If you love chocolate, you will love this ultimate moisturizing soap enriched with natural skin conditioning unrefined cocoa butter and swirled with raw cocoa powder and real dark chocolate.
We use only real organic fair trade chocolate, cocao powder and cocoa butter from the Theobroma cacao tree. The word Theobroma means "food of the gods."
- Organic coconut milk creates a silky, rich, and creamy conditioning lather.
- The antioxidants and phytonutrients in chocolate soothe and soften skin
- Organic Cocoa and Shea butters soften and moisturize dry skin
- Organic honey hydrates moisturizes and soothes
- Whipped cream-like lather leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
- No added scent--just the delicious natural aroma of cocoa butter
- Good for the complexion and sensitive skin
Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Virgin Shea Butter, Organic Palm Oil (Sustainable), Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Organic Coconut Milk, Organic Castor Bean Oil, Organic Cocao Powder (Fair Trade), Organic Chocolate (Fair Trade), Organic Honey, Organic Cornstarch, Organic Rosemary Oil Extract (ROE)
Made with Organic Oils, Cocoa Butter & Chocolate
Certified Organic By OEFFA
A USDA Accredited Organic Certifying Agent
What Should I Use With My Soap to Clean My Face?
We believe in simple, effective cleansing for your complexion and that is accomplished with natural soap and water. The purpose of soap is to combine with oil and dirt on the body, which allows water to wash it away. The method you use to cleanse your skin, especially your face, is really personal preference. We thought we would share just a few examples.
Hand Lathering is usually the suggested method for cleansing delicate facial skin.
- Use lukewarm water to create a creamy lather in your clean hands.
- Gently massage the lather over your face using circular motions with your fingers.
- Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
Washcloth Washers: A washcloth can help remove dead cells and invigorate your skin. A gentle massage with a soft washcloth can help keep facial skin smooth and clean.
If you are using a washcloth:
- Rub the bar on a soft, clean, wet cloth to create a creamy lather.
- Apply to your face by a gentle massage using circular motions.
- Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
- Exfoliating or scrubbing too hard may cause the skin to become red and irritated.
- Use a clean washcloth, especially if you are prone to acne. Washcloths can re-deposit dirt and grime right back onto your skin.
- Washcloths can have soft or rough fibers. You want to use soft, NOT rough fibers on your face.
Never share washcloths or other accessories and replace or clean them often.
A Few Other Pointers:
- Use warm, not hot, water to wash your face.
- Use cool water as a final rinse to close your pores.
- Avoid products made with synthetic ingredients that can irritate facial skin.
- Avoid products that contain alcohol which can cause skin to become tight and dry.
- Apply a moisturizer immediately after washing your face while skin is still damp.
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a small family-owned and operated company that began as a hobby born out of a concern about the synthetic ingredients in skincare products and the adverse effects of these ingredients on our skin, our children and our environment.
As a result, we are dedicated to crafting high quality, healthy and effective skin and hair care products made with awesome ingredients.
A product is only as good as the ingredients used to make it.
Our ingredients are USDA certified organic, sustainably produced, cruelty-free and ethically traded.
Every ingredient has a purpose and we will always use the best quality ingredients to make the best safe and effective skincare products available.
All of our recipes are invented, created and manufactured in our facility in Solon, Ohio.
Nothing is outsourced.
We oversee the entire process for every product to ensure maximum freshness, consistency, and perfection.
We do it all ourselves--from start to finish--from our family to yours!
Our mission is a simple one . . .To Harness the Power and Simplicity of Nature® to provide fresh, wholesome, natural products that will nourish the skin and be kind to the planet.
I bought this mainly because I was curious.
It looks and smells lovely and genuinely leaves my skin feeling soft and not dry.