Sudden chocolate craving but want to try something different than brownies?
Here's an amazingly easy chocolate tart recipe, the base is a simple short pastry and the cream has only three ingredients, no milk or eggs!
Ready to give it a try?
For the Base
- 220gr plain flour
- 120gr butter
- 120gr caster sugar
- 40gr eggs
- 12gr cakes' yeast
- 10gr salt
For the cream
- 200gr dark chocolate (60% min)
- 60gr butter
- 120gr water
- Prepare the short pastry base by mixing eggs and sugar. After a couple of minutes add soft butter, salt, yeast and gradually flour until you get a smooth mixture.
- Form a ball, wrapped in our Home Compostable cling wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 1hr.
- Cover a tart pan with our Unbleached Baking Paper and roll out your short pastry until even. Use a fork' ribs to make some holes on the base and bake it for 25min at 160 degrees celsius.
- In a small pan, heat water and add the remaining butter. When it's boiling, lower heat and add dark chocolate chopped into pieces (you can use choco chips as well).
- Pour your cream over the short pastry base and let it cool down before cutting.