It's always the right time to snack on something crunchy like these home made Italian breadstick, which are also the perfect addition to any cheese platters.
You can even experiment by adding some rosemary or pepper to make them even more tasty!
Ready for the recipe? Scroll down and let's make some noise!
- 500gr plain white flour
- 270ml warm water
- 7gr yeast
- 12gr white sugar
- 20gr honey
- 70ml extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, mix flour, yeast, salt, sugar and honey.
- Gradually add water and start kneading, with a fork first and then with your hands. Dough needs to be firm and not sticky.
- Add oil to your dough and let it absorb through,.
- Keep kneading on a wooden board for approx. 10min and then place your dough in a bowl covered with our Home Compostable Cling Wrap.
- Let the dough rise for two hours, a warm environment will help.
- When it's ready, roll your dough into a 0.5cm rectangle on a sheet of our our Home Compostable and unbleached Baking Paper.
- Cut your breadstick into strips and for a more fun crunchy shape, twist each strips as per picture.
- Transfer your Baking paper sheet with your breadstick onto a baking tray and bake it in the oven at 190° for 20-25 minutes (or until golden brown). Enjoy!