A classic sponge cake re-invented for an even more tempting taste
Super easy to make, requires only 5 ingredients and 2 steps, it's an ideal recipe to do with your kids (or grandkids).
Make it a delicious celebration cake by filling it with whipped cream and decorate it with fresh fruit! It's so versatile!
- 4 eggs
- 110 gr plain flour
- 150 gr of caster sugar
- 30 gr unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 gr Vanilla yeast (like this one)
- Preheat your conventional oven at 180 degrees (no fan).
- Beat eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy, gradually add sifted flour and vanilla yeast. Mix well.
- Gradually add sifted cocoa powder to the mix.
- Cover a cake pan with our Rotofresh Unbleached Baking Paper and pour cake mix in.
- Bake it for 35-40min (do the toothpick test, it will be ready when it's not wet when inserted in the cake's centre).
- If you want to fill it with cream, make sure to let it cool down before cutting.