A type of bread baked in Italy since the II century a.C., which simplicity has since then conquered culinary cultures all around the word.
Discover how to make your focaccia with the help of our Home Compostable and unbleached Baking Paper!🍞
- 500gr plain white flour
- 20ml olive oil
- 4gr fresh yeast
- 300gr lukewarm water
- 5gr table salt
- Pinch of cooking salt
- Rosemary (optional)
- In a bowl, mix fresh yeast and water until yeast dissolves.
- Gradually add flour, then oil and salt.
- Oil your kitchen bench and start kneading with your hands. Dough needs to be firm and not sticky.
- Transfer the dough in a bowl and cover it with our Home Compostable Cling Wrap.
- Let the dough rise for two hours, a warm environment will help the process.
- When it's ready, roll your dough into a 1cm high rectangle on a baking sheet covered with a sheet of our Home Compostable and unbleached Baking Paper.
- With the help of your fingers, press down some holes and sprinkle cooking salt and rosemary on the entire focaccia.
- Bake it in the oven at 200° for 40 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Enjoy your focaccia warm as it is or top it up with some prosciutto and soft cheese!