This cake is absolutely delicious when enjoyed with a cup of tea with this wintry weather but will also be amazingly fresh for hotter summer days.
250 gr self-raising flour
200 gr icing sugar
125 gr unsalted butter
3 medium eggs
1 Vanilla Beans pod
1 big organic lemon
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your conventional oven at 160°.
2. Grate the lemon zest, avoiding the bitter white pitch, and set aside.
Squeeze the lemon juice and set aside too.
3. Melt butter, place it in a bowl with the icing sugar and mix until pale yellow and foamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure the first one is perfectly mixed before adding another.
5. Scrape the vanilla pod’s beans into the cake batter together with a pinch of salt, the lemon zest and juice and mix well.
6. Continuing to mix, add sifted flour into the bowl a bit at a time making sure the result is smooth and without lumps.
7. Take a piece of Rotofresh Natural Baking Paper big enough to cover your cake pan and wet it with some water. Squeeze the excess water out and cover your pan.
8. Pour the mixture into the pan and cook for 60min in the oven. The cake is ready when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre of your cake.
9. Once the cake has cooled down, decorate with some extra icing sugar.