This Bacon, potato and cheese tart is easy enough to prepare in 20min but tasty enough to be devoured in 5 seconds! A sure hit with the entire family!
- 250 gr plain flour
- 1 tsp powder yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 120 ml warm water
- 80 gr canola oil
- 2 medium potatoes
- 100 gr diced smoked bacon
- 100 gr diced smoked cheddar
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your conventional oven at 180 degrees.
- Mix in a big bowl flour, yeast, salt, canola oil and water to form a smooth, elastic dough.
- Cut a piece of your Rotofresh natural baking paper big enough to cover your cake pan. Wet it with some water, squeeze excess water out and line your pan with it.
- Roll out your dough into a round shape and delicately place it in your cake pan, making sure it's big enough to cover also the borders of your pan.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices (approx 5mm) e layer them in your pan. Grind some salt and pepper, sprinkle some parsley (to your taste) and add a good amount of olive oil (approx 6 table spoons).
- Add to your pan the diced smoked cheddar and bacon.
- Fold the borders of your dough inwards (think of recreating a pizza crust).
- Cook the tart on the middle shelf of your oven for approx 40 minutes or until potatoes are well cooked through.
Here below a video, it's in Italian but will visually guide you through the steps above!