Using no butter but yoghurt and coconut oil instead, this cake is not only gorgeous to look at but also deliciously healthier!
Swap those store bought sweets with this easy 3-steps' yoghurt and choco chips cake!
Pro tip: toss your choco chips in a bit of flour before using them if you don't want them to sink to the bottom of your cake.
- 2 eggs
- 210 gr self raising flour
- 140 gr of caster sugar
- 125 gr plain yoghurt
- 70 gr coconut oil
- Vanilla flavouring
- 2 tbsp choco chips
- Hazelnut spread
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven at 170 degrees.
- Beat eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy, add sifted flour and pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Add yoghurt, vanilla flavouring, coconut oil and choco chips.
- Cover a cake pan with our Rotofresh Unbleached Baking Paper and pour half of the mix in.
- Drizzle a coupe of tsp of hazelnut spread, pour remaining mixture and drizzle again a couple of tsp of spread for decoration.
- Bake it for 35-40min (do the toothpick test, it will be ready when it's not wet when inserted in the cake's center)
Thanks to @monicarennna for this recipe!