Having serious pizza craving but following a gluten free diet?
Want to surprise your family with an easy and quick recipe that's both healthy and flavoursome?
These zucchini boats with their yummy filling are the perfect solution!
- 6 big zucchini
- 6 tbs extra olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 260gr cherry tomatoes
- 300gr chicken breast, diced (omit for a vegetarian recipe)
- 150gr grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven at 160 degrees.
- Wash your zucchini, halve them and carefully remove the flesh, paying attention to not break the skin.
- Place them on a tray covered with our 100% home compostable Rotofresh Unbleached Baking Paper , drizzle some olive oil and bake for 20min.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a stir fry pan.
- Thinly slice the onion and stir fry it with the zucchini flesh, cherry tomatoes halved and diced chicken breast.
- Cook for approx. 20min or until chicken is fully cooked and golden and set it aside to cool down.
- Fill the zucchini boats with the stir fried mixture and generously sprinkle parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs on top for a perfect gratin result.
- Bake them for 20min or until golden, and serve them either hot or cold.