What's better than the smell of fragrant Croissants to wake you up? If you close your eyes you can even imagine yourself walking along Paris streets holding a fresh flaky buttery pastry in your hand...
So let's try making our own mini croissant with this simple fool proof recipe! 🥐
- 500 gr plain flour
- 150 ml milk
- 75 gr soft butter
- 90 gr caster sugar
- 1 egg + 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch of salt
- 8gr dry yeast
- 1/2 lemon rind
- 1/2 orange rind
- In your mixer bowl, mix flour, sugar, yeast, milk and the lemon and orange's rinds.
- After mixing for a couple of minutes, add the egg and two yolks.
- When the eggs are well incorporated, add the soft butter and pinch of salt and keep mixing for another 4-5 minutes.
- Take your dough to a wooden counter (or cutting board), work it for a couple of minutes to activate the yeast and give it a ball's shape.
- Transfer your dough in a bowl, cover it with our home compostable Rotofresh Cling Wrap and let it rest for around 40 - 60 minutes or until it doubles up in volume.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of our Rotofresh Unbleached Baking Paper and cut it in small triangles.
- Fill the base of each triangle with jam or chocolate spread and roll them up to form your mini croissants.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees.
- Brush your croissants with a bit of milk to give them a golden crust and bake them for 15min on a try covered with our Rotofresh Unbleached Baking Paper.