Have you ever tried sweet ravioli?
Deep fried pastry dumplings filled with ricotta and choco chips, this recipe will transport you to the sunny south of Italy in no time !
- 250gr plain flour
- 50gr soft unsalted butter
- 100gr + 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 glass milk
- Pinch of salt
- 250gr sheep ricotta
- Lemon rind from 1/2 lemon
- 50gr dark choco chips
- Powder cinnamon (to your taste)
- Vegetable oil (to fry the ravioli)
- Icing sugar
- In a large bowl, prepare the pastry by mixing flour, butter, egg, 1 tbs of sugar and milk. Mix well together, by hand if you wish, until you reach a soft dough.
- Wrap it in our Rotofresh Compostable Natural Cling Wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 30min.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling by mixing together the ricotta, 100gr of sugar, lemon rind, cinnamon and choco chips.
- Cover the bowl with our Rotofresh Compostable Natural Cling Wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 30min.
- Take out the dough from your fridge and roll it out on your bench until reaching a a few mm height. If you leave it too thick, the ravioli pastry will become too hard after frying. Divide your pastry in two sheets
- Take a table spoon of your filling at a time, line them on one of your pastry sheets in a shape of a little balls, leaving at least 2cm between them.
- Cover your fillings with the second sheet of pastry, pressing down in between the filling to make it stick and seal the ravioli. You can brush the pastry with a bit of milk if you need help to do it.
- Cut the ravioli by using a cookie cutter or simply your knife, we suggest in a round or half moon shape.
- Heat your vegetable oil until it reaches the right temperature for frying and fry your ravioli until golden brown .
- Take them out and place them on absorbent paper to absorb the extra oil and sprinkle them with icing sugar when cold. Bon Appetit!