A flavoursome and indulgent vegetarian twist to traditional Lasagne.
Pairing the queen veggie of colder months, the sweet pumpkin, with the tasty creaminess of blue cheese, this meal will quickly become one of your family's favourite.
- 8/10 fresh Lasagne sheets
- 200gr mozzarella cheese
- 100gr blue cheese (Gorgonzola)
- 400gr diced pumpkin
- 80gr walnuts
- 500ml milk
- 30gr butter
- 30gr flour
- 150gr grated parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- chilli flakes to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven at 220 degrees.
- Heat three tbs of olive oil in a pan and cook the diced pumpkin with salt and chili flakes to taste.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and smash the pumpkin with a fork and add roughly chopped walnuts. Set aside.
- Warm up milk (don't reach boiling point!).
- In a different pan, melt butter at low heat and whisk in flour to form a roux paste. Add the warm milk slowly and continuously whisking to avoid any lumps. Salt to taste, bring to boil and cook for 3min, always whisking.
- Remove from heat and add the béchamel sauce to the pumpkin and walnuts mixture.
- Line an oven pan with our Rotofresh Unbleached Baking Paper.
- Place a layer of pasta sheet, then add two spoons of the pumpkin mixture, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and some cubes of blue cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Keep alternating these layers until you have finished the pasta sheets and making sure to finish off with some of the pumpkin mixture and the cheeses.
- Cook min the oven for approx. 30 min.