A golden crispy side packed with flavour which can become also vegan if you omit the cheese. Double the portions and it easily become a earthy meal in itself!
- 2 brown onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- fresh or fry thyme (approx. 15gr)
- 8 Portobello mushrooms
- 50gr hazelnuts
- 50gr stale bread
- 200 gr baby spinach leaves
- nutmeg (approx. 1 whole nut)
- 60gr Haloumi cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees, fan-forced.
- Peel and finely chop the onions, peel and finely slice the garlic, get half of the thyme leaves and cook them all in a non-stick pan with 1 tbs of olive oil, until softened (approx. 15min).
- Peel the mushrooms and remove the stalks. Finely chop both peels and stalks and add them to the pan with onions and garlic.
- Cover a oven tray with our Rotofresh Unbleached Baking Paper and place the mushrooms cup side up with a sprinkle of olive oil and black pepper.
- Cook mushrooms in the oven for approx. 15 min.
- Blitz hazelnuts, bread and 2 tsp of olive oil into rough crumbs and put aside.
- Stir in spinach leaves in the frying pan and cook for 10min.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven and pour away the excess liquid.
- Divide spinach mixture between the mushrooms, sprinkle over the nutty crumbs and grated haloumi, if using.
- Bake for another 20min.