Let's take advantage of Apple season a bit longer with these delicious Apple Muffins, the perfect addition to your kids' lunch boxes.
- 150gr self-rising flour
- 1 medium egg
- 30ml sunflower or canola oil
- 80ml lemon juice
- 90gr raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Royal Gala Apple
- Preheat oven at 200°.
- Cut apple in small pieces and mix them in a plate with the lemon juice and a teaspoon of sugar. This will keep the apple from oxidize and turning brown.
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients: flour, remaining sugar, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl mix all wet ingredients: egg (beaten) and oil.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients while whisking constantly.
- Lastly, add apple’s pieces and pour mixture into a muffin tray, filling each one up by 2/3 to leave space for the muffins to rise.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top and bake for 20min.
- Let it cool down before serving.