This super easy version of the classic strawberry tart will win you over with its delicious smell! You can replace the strawberries with other in-season fruits, such as apples, peaches, apricots, cherries etc. and can add an extra touch of sweetness with a bit of chocolate spread… yummy!
- 300gr plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 100gr caster sugar
- 100gr butter (cold)
- 1 pinch of Bicarb-soda
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 200gr strawberries
- 1 spoon of slivered almonds
- Place flour on your kitchen bench creating a fountain with a hole in the centre.
- In the hole you’ll put the sugar, 2 eggs, the cold butter cut into small pieces, a pinch of bi-carb and the lemon zest.
- Mix everything together very quickly using your hands until you get a smooth dough.
- Work the dough only enough to bring the dough together. Do not over-knead or your crust will end up tough.
- Wrap the pastry dough in our Rotofresh Compostable Cling Wrap and leave it rest in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200°C.
- Line an oven tray with a sheet of Rotofresh Unbleached Baking Paper.
- Lightly flour your bench and roll out the dough into two disks, of approx. 13cm diameter each.
- Use a fork to prick the dough, this will allow the steams to pass through and will leave your pastry less soggy.
- Lift the borders of your pastry disks up (approx. 2cm) and place strawberries and almonds in the centre.
- If you want to add an extra sweet touch, you can spread some chocolate cream on the bottom of the tart before adding your fruit.
- Place the disks on your lined tray and bake for 20-25min.
- Let it cool down before serving.
- Store your tart in a container for up to three days. Don’t place it in the fridge or it will lose its crunchiness.