Those days when we get up on the wrong side of the bed, an upside-down cake might be the only way to put things back in place…
Cheer yourself up with this extremely easy cake and its guaranteed wow effect!
- 2 oranges (better if organic)
- 2 tangerines
- 150gr butter, melted
- 100gr caster sugar
- 2 table spoon raw sugar
- 250gr self-rising flour
- 3 eggs
- Half vanilla pod
- Zest one orange, being careful to avoid the bitter white layer underneath, and squeeze it.
- Cut the second orange and the tangerines in thin slices, carefully eliminating eventual seeds.
- Spread the raw sugar in a wide pan, layer the orange and tangerines’ slices on top and caramelise them 2min per side at medium heat.
- Preheat the oven at 180°.
- Cover a cake pan (approx. 24cm) with our Rotofresh Natural Baking Paper and layer the caramelised slices on the bottom.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with caster sugar and melted butter. Slowly add flour and the vanilla seeds, scraped from the vanilla pod with a knife.
- Lastly, add the orange juice and zest.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake for approx. 50min.
- Once it’s ready and has cooled down, turn the cake upside down on a plate and remove the baking paper. Enjoy!