A slice of carrot cake must be the most popular way to increase your vegetables' daily intake without feeling on a diet :)
This version is made slightly healthier by removing the sugary butter frosting and can be refined even more by decreasing the amount of sugar and replacing plain flour with almond flour.
- 350 gr plain flour
- 400gr grated carrots
- 300 gr caster sugar
- 100gr raw sugar
- 4 eggs
- 350 ml sunflower (or canola) oil
- 2 teaspoons of yeast (search for Paneangeli Vanilla Yeast)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- slivered almonds
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Slowly add oil and stir.
- Mix and sift flour, yeast, sugar, salt, cinnamon into the bowl and stir well.
- Add grated carrots and mix.
- Pour mixture into a cake pan, covered with a sheet of our Natural & Compostable Baking Paper.
- Add slivered almonds on top.
- Cook for 40min at 180 Degrees.